Ten faculty members will join the La Follette School in fall 2020, nearly doubling its roster. Several will teach core graduate-level courses, and others will bring exciting areas of expertise to the faculty.
“In times like these, we need good news to buoy our spirits; and this is great news,” said La Follette School Director and Professor Susan Webb Yackee. “We now will be well-poised to accomplish our goals and blaze new trails in research, teaching, and public engagement.”
One of the new faculty members is supported by the Kohl Initiative, a $10 million gift from former U.S. Sen. Herb Kohl. Two others are moving 25% of their UW–Madison faculty appointments to the La Follette School, and another faculty member will join the La Follette School in fall 2021.
Many of the new faculty will be teaching in the School’s Undergraduate Certificate in Public Policy program, also funded by the Kohl Initiative.
The following faculty members are joining the La Follette School (brief bios here).
- Christine Durrance, Associate Professor of Public Affairs
- Morgan Edwards, Assistant Professor of Public Affairs
- Denia Garcia, Assistant Professor of Public Affairs
- Sarah Halpern-Meekin, Associate Professor of Human Development and Family Studies, and of Public Affairs
- Tana Johnson, Associate Professor of Public Affairs
- Philipp Koellinger, Professor of Public Affairs
- Reed Lei, Assistant Professor of Public Affairs and Political Science
- Ross Milton, Assistant Professor of Public Affairs
- Jon Pevehouse, Professor of Political Science and Public Affairs
- Sam Trejo, Assistant Professor of Public Affairs and Sociology
- Mariel Barnes, Assistant Professor of Public Affairs (fall 2021)